Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring cleaning


I started Spring cleaning this week and the first room on my list was the living room. We cleared out all the furniture and the room looked so big and clean I had to take some pictures. While in the middle of cleaning I realized I had not posted pictures of my house now that I have painted just about every single room. So here are some of the before and after pictures of the living room finished.




The living room before we moved in.


The color was a light chocolate brown, I especially liked the doors and corner fireplace.


The only other wall is behind the kitchen and I had no idea where I was going to place the furniture.


We finally decided on the TV being against the smaller wall by the fireplace.



I chose Relaxed Khaki for the top and a darker brown for the bottom.
Relaxed Khaki is by Sherwin Williams and I love it. I used the same color in my kitchen except, I had Wal-Mart color match it, but the color is not an exact match. The Wal-Mart brand has a light green pigment to it, that I think I like more than the more expensive Sherwin Williams brand.

This picture was taken after I painted and cleaned the carpet during Spring cleaning.



And this is the room with the furniture back. I still have a few more things to add on the wall and it needs some new curtains but it will have to do for now.


It pretty much looks like this most of the time, I'm really happy with this room. It was the hardest to paint because of the high ceilings, my sweet neighbors let me borrow their ladder and my hubby passed me the roller, couldn't have done it without him.

No comments: