Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

My Dream Door

I've been wanting a red door for as long as I can remember, and I finally decided to paint mine.

Here's a picture of my front door before it's transformation, I think I'll call it walnut brown.



 The door is fiberglass and it was distressed from years of wear and tear. I couldn't wait to paint this door and give it a new life.


Here she is my finished product, it took two days but I love it. Just a few more touch ups and I'll be finished.



I just went to Lowes and bought a quart size pre-mixed cranberry red door paint. It was the perfect color and I didn't have to get swatches or samples.



I finished the look with a new door mat from Marshalls for just $7.00 bucks. The Hostas were free, I just dug them up from my back yard and put them in some pots I already had. Only thing left to do now, is paint the black iron hand rails.

No comments: