Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer Wreath

This is my first tutorial so I hope that I don't disappoint. My neighbor had a beautiful wreath on her door so I went to her house for advise. She helped me make the bows and gave me some ideas for my own wreath.



First I bought a wreath from Michaels for around 5 bucks, then I bought the rest of the supplies below. I already had the pipping and some of the ribbon. I think I spent around $12.00 for everything. I used a coupon and they were having a sale on their flowers.



First I took a bundle of spring flowers and shoved them into the wreath. I mean really shove them in, make sure they won't come out.


Then just fold it over.. half around on side and half on the other.
Now I placed a bow in the center of these flowers. I used piping to hold the bow together and made sure there was enough to tie to the wreath.


After you tie it to the wreath and you are happy with the placement of the bow, cut the excess piping.


I bought two large flowers; green and orange these were a little expensive so I only bought two. Cut the stem with wire cutters and placed on either side of the bow.



I also bought a three of these little flower bundles they were cheap, I used them for the top and bottom of the wreath to give it a dangled look.

You can see here where I placed some pink ones on the bottom
All you do is place the stem into the wreath do not use hot glue. If you are worried about messing up the flower, just pull it off and after you have the stem secure, place the flower back on.

Next I added my second bow where I felt I needed to cover a bare spot.



 I love these flowers, they are much cheaper if you buy in a bundle.

After I cut them apart (by the way, use wire cutters) I used them as fillers. Place them anywhere you see holes to make the wreath look fuller.



 I took some ribbon I already had and the leftover bow ribbon and

 folded them in half, held them together with more piping and attached to the wreath.
I did this step 2 more times until all my ribbon was gone.

And here it is, I hope you like it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: