Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Not a baby anymore

Brody has turned 4 and informed me that he is not a little baby anymore. What am I going to do now? He doesn't want me to call him a little baby, and he wants to do more and more on his own.
We had a great turn out at the house I think I had about 19 people in all, my neighbor convinced me to make gumbo and the kids had hot dogs. I had a few gumbo virgins and a few pros, it turned out really tasty. I just tried to enjoy the day, there was no pressure to stick to a schedule we just played it by ear. I did the craziest thing ever, I decided on Monday to paint my kitchen I was not finished with it until Friday morning so that meant that everything else had to be done on Friday in order to have the party Saturday. I think that is why I was so exhausted that I just wanted to enjoy watching the kids and spending time with friends. We had an Easter egg hunt, a Batman piñata, and then had cake, and opened presents.



I think this was after the piñata was broken and Brody was looking for some candy.




Here is Sydney helping the little kids look for eggs she and her friend Jordan hid for me. It is great that she is older and is a big help.







More egg hunting in the front yard


Leia found two at a time















The kids took turns riding Brody's truck the adults took turns jumping out of the way







Time for presents he was so excited.






A Star Wars light saber!!!








I love the colors in my kitchen







Batman cake and frozen ice-cream that I had to put in the microwave hahahaha!!









The birthday boy just being a silly bug

No comments: