Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What do you know about Nascar racing?

Well I don't know much about Nascar, except that it's on the speed channel a lot around here. The hubby watches the qualifying race, the practice, the pre-race show, the race, and then the after-race show. I just walk by with a basket full of laundry and casually ask "who's winning?" only to be told the race hasn't started. So on MY birthday, my husband and I took a day just for ourselves without the kiddos, and went to my very first Nascar race. I couldn't believe that on my birthday we were going to sit in the sun and watch cars race around a track, smell burnt rubber, and have dust thrown in my face, but that is exactly what I did. And you know what? I loved it. The cars are so fast I could hardly tell who was going by and the wrecks are the best part of the whole thing. The first wreck was so exciting the roar of the crowd, parts flying off the car, sparks flying in the air, the smell of burnt rubber, it was awesome!!! I was really glad that my first race the All-Star race because, it was one of the shorter races. I can't imagine sitting there for 500 laps or something. Maybe next year we can come out again even if it is for my birthday.





This picture has nothing to do with Nascar, but it's not every day that you see a bird at your hotel. It was great entertainment while we waited for the shuttle. Here he is pertending to be an eagle.





he's been shot








and now he's dead



These are the guys you see on TV during the race.




I got ear plugs on cause, it's a lot louder than I ever thought possible.












coming out of the pits




One of the wrecks happened right in front of us, that's good stuff.




The start of the second race, the driver and his crew go around the track.






































Kurt Bush won the race, and he did  his signature move which is to drive the victory lap backwards. That looks pretty hard.



Kyle Petty, Kenny Wallace and Chris Meyers.



This chick sitting behind us was totally wasted, she slept through most of the race.










But when she woke up I asked her to take a picture of us and she said her camera was dead. So I said that's okay, you can use mine. haha!!!


And here it is.



No comments: