Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Italian Food

I had to dedicate an entire post to the food we ate in Italy.  I fell in love with Italy because of the food and the people. We ate out for lunch and dinner everyday and everywhere we ate delicious. Everyone spoke a little English, and they were all so cheerful and happy.
 
We found this little restaurant that quickly became our favorite. Micky thinks I'm crazy for taking photos of our food, but I can't help it. But I'm so glad that I took a picture of these dishes.
 
This was my spaghetti with chicken, it was served with the most delicious bread.
 


Brody loved drinking water out of the wine glasses. He ordered breaded chicken and seasoned potatoes. It beat McDonald's, hands down.

Sydney ordered the Margarita Pizza which is really cheese pizza. The pizza crust in Italy is so good because it's thin and cooked in a wood burning oven, the ingredients are so fresh and the cheese is to die for.

Check out all the knick knacks hanging all over the ceiling, of this restaurant. There was a large display at the entrance with cheese, ham, and the most beautiful tomatoes and eggplants I'd ever seen. Downstairs is where the bathrooms were located and you had to duck as you went down the winding staircase. I was surprised to find that there was a bar, tables, and piano, I guess there must be another way down there. A  man was playing the piano by himself and singing in Italian. When he saw me, he started playing a faster song, and shouted "bella", "bella" and blew kisses my way. Typical Italian! ha!


 
I believe that Micky ordered an authentic Italian lasagna.

 

Later that night after a nice stroll around the piazza, we had our first gelato!

 




 
 
Gelato comes in the most delicious flavors, we had at least 1 everyday.


This is way better than subway, and they serve wine! We stopped in this shop to get a quick bite, and even though this was a small place, the food was delicious.

A large group of young Spanish girls and boys, sat in the back and were ordering their food in Spanish. The waiter could only make out some of what they were saying, and it was pretty funny watching them. At one point they all burst out laughing because something was lost in translation and the wrong dish came to the table, but they ate it anyway.

I was blown away by the food and can't wait to go back and have more.


No comments: