Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's about time!


It's been a while since I've posted anything. These next few weeks I'll be trying to catch up on some of the things that have happened in last year or so. Our family is about to embark on a completely new adventure and I want to be sure that I document all of it. 

So here goes...

July 2011 was not a great time, I decided that I needed to go back to work to help out with the finances. I must have filled out about 10 applications and had gone on about 4 interviews. None of them were very appealing but I kept looking. Then one day  in August we had a small cook out and I met the sweetest girl, Suzy. She was dating a friend of ours, (wish that relationship would have worked out). She told me that the insurance company she worked for, was hiring. I sent her my resume, and filled out the application and still no call. I finally called the HR director and was like "what's up?" she said that there was job coming available soon but I didn't think they would ever call me. Then in September just one month before my husband was going to deploy, she called. I'll never forget it, we were on our way home from the Seafood Festival and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Finally a job, and it  was staring just 4 days after my husband deployed. Thank you! Suzy.

What a relief to have a job and have something to keep my mind off missing my husband. The first few days of any deployment are the worse. It  hits you the first night, when one realizes that there will be a lot of lonely days and nights to come.

Here are some of the pictures from the seafood festival that year.















No comments: